Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simple, Perfect Chili for a cold snowy day.

I rushed out Friday afternoon trying to beat the winter storm. Was not lucky, half way thru the store it was just a snowing. We get to the front door of the store and make a mad dash to get the groceries in and get out of the wet slush that is falling.  Made it home safe and pretty dry.  I will be away from home for a few days so I wanted to make Adam something he could eat on while I was gone. Chili is not my favorite thing to eat, I HATE BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I only added one can of pintos to this chili.
Ingredients are
garlic
oregano
cumin
cayenne pepper
chili powder
ground beef
tomato sauce
salt
masa(corn flour)
optional: are pinto beans, kidney beans,jalapeno,diced tomato


first get ground beef and garlic cooking
then in a large pot I put the tomato sauce and all the spices
then once the meat cooked I added it to the sauce and spices and you are supposed to let it simmer for a hour but my mixture was too thick for that so I added the tomatoes and a little water to the pot and let it cook at once.
see too thick
now it is simmering for hour and it smells great!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good!! Perfect dinner for this cold weather...brrr!! ;-) TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! That looks delish!

    I just made a big pot of vinison chili. What we didn't eat I froze. Will be great to have on hand for another day when the temps are around 30°, lol.

    ReplyDelete